It’s here. Summer is finally here! Whether you’re planning to hit the beaches, cool off in the mountains, or stay in Raleigh and enjoy all the incredible summer festivals and events, and things to do, we’re here to help with lots of ideas on our blog and social channels.
Down below we’re sharing what we think are some of the of the best events in Raleigh for June. Please share your feedback on how we can improve this experience and information for you. We’re always a work in progress!
Also tell us in the comments what you are doing this month in Raleigh! It’s helpful for the readers coming after you to discover more cool things to do in Raleigh and surrounds.
And don’t forget to get prepared for beyond June by checking out our annual list of festivals and events in Raleigh guide.
- June Getaway Ideas
- Pride Month
- June Music Concerts
- ONGOING RALEIGH EVENTS
- WEEK 1: June 1- 5
- WEEK 2: JUNE 6 -12
- WEEK 3: JUNE 13-19
- WEEK 4 + 5: JUNE 20-30
June Getaway Ideas
Now the weather is warming up, why not go on a fun outdoor getaway or enjoy an easy day trip from Raleigh over the weekend? Here are a few ideas for you:
- 12 Great Beaches under 3 hours from Raleigh
- Things to do on an Ocean Isle Beach Vacation
- 15 Fun Day trips from Raleigh
- Camping at Kerr Lake
- Top places to go in the North Carolina mountains
- A night at the Durham Bulls Baseball
Raleigh is transforming into a more welcoming LGBTQ Southern city, and June is one way we can keep growing this.
June is Pride Month and in Raleigh we put extra attention into celebrating our LGBTQ community and the rich diversity it brings to the City of Oaks.
Here are a list of recourses, businesses, and community programs that support and celebrate the LGBTQ community. Please leave a comment with any more you know of.
- You can find a list of Pride Month events here.
- House of Swank has a great Raleigh Pride T-Shirt
- Legends Nightclub is the oldest and most well-known in Raleigh
- Ruby Deluxe is an this underground bar with drag shows and brunches, themed danced parties and local bands.
- The LGBT Center of Raleigh is a resource and community gathering space in the Warehouse District. The LGBTQ Center’s objective is to “serve, empower, and advocate for the LGBTQ community’s well-being.”
- Stonewall Sports Raleigh Inc. is a nonprofit LGBTQ & Ally sports league whose mission is to ensure that everyone can participate in organized sports and feel comfortable being themselves.
- The Green Monkey is a gay-owned bar downtown in Hillsborough St that sells unique gifts made by local craftsmen and includes a neighborhood bar where all are welcome. The business also hosts a variety of activities, including bingo, quizzes, and drag performances. They are hosting Pride events all month long.
June Music Concerts
To make it easy for you to find the cool music events happening each month, I’m creating a separate section to list them out. Leave a comment to tell me what’s missing from the list and what you’re most looking forward to:
- Kip Moore, June 3, The Ritz (I really like him!)
- Morgan Wallen, June 3, Coastal Credit Union
- Marren Morris, June 9, Red Hat Amphitheater
- Ben Rector; June 10, Red Hat Amphitheater
- Rebelution, June 11, Red Hat Amphitheater
- The Doobie Brothers, June 11, Coastal Credit Union
- Flume, June 12, Red Hat Amphitheater
- Robert Plant & Alison Krauss. June 14, Koka Booth
- Cody Johnson June 16, Red Hat Amphitheater
- Kid Rock, June 18, Coastal Credit Union
- North Carolina Symphony Summerfest: Juneteenth Celebration, June 18, 2022, Koka Booth
- Flogging Molly & The Interrupters, June 21, Red Hat Amphitheater
- Machine Gun Kelly, June 22, PNC Arena
- Billy Strings, June 23, 24, 25 Koka Booth
- H.E.R., June 24, Red Hat Amphitheater
- Backstreet Boys, June 25, Costal Credit Union
- James Taylor, June 25, PNC Arena
ONGOING RALEIGH EVENTS
Life Before Dinosaurs: The Permian Monsters; Ongoing until Sep 4
Where: Museum of Natural Sciences, 10am-5pm
Explore vivid artwork, mounted skeletons, and life-sized models of a giant saber-toothed predator, saw-toothed shark, and many other bizarre creatures that dominated life on land and sea before the most devastating mass extinction the world has ever known.
Midtown Beach Music, (Thurs weekly)
- Where: Coastal Credit Union Midtown Park, North Hills, 5-9pm
- Website: VisitNorthHills.com
The ever popular Midtown Beach Music Series is back every Thursday until Jun 23rd. It’s a fun evening of listening to live beach music mixed with Motown, oldies, and R&B. We’ll be there and eating tacos before it to celebrate Cinco de Mayo.
Moore Square Market, (Sun weekly)
- Where: Moore Square, 10 a.m.-2 p.m
- Website: DowntownRaleigh.org
Moore Square Market is back every Sunday now until October. Pick up your local produce and treats, meet up with friends, and enjoy live music at Moore Square Market!.
The market features vendors selling fresh, seasonal goods as well as original, high-quality crafts. Fruits, vegetables, meats, seafood, eggs, dairy, artisanal goods, pastries and much more can all be found at the market. All vendors operate within 90 miles of Raleigh.
WEEK 1: June 1- 5
Baxter Miller Solo Exhibit Opening night, June 3, 2022
- Where: Charlotte Russell Contemporary Gallery in Five Points, 5:30pm-7:30pm
- Website: CharlotteRussellContemporary.com
Visit Charlotte Russell Contemporary Gallery for the opening night for photographer Baxter Miller’s solo exhibit. The exhibit runs for the month of June, if you can’t make the fun opening night.
We love this gallery and you can read more on our post sharing Charlotte’s art gallery in Five Points.
First Friday, June 3, 2022
- Where: Downtown Raleigh (various locations)
- Website: downtownraleigh.org
Looking for events in Raleigh this weekend? First Friday is a great way to get to know the culture of downtown Raleigh.
It is celebrated on the first Friday of each month at locations throughout downtown. Art galleries and studios are open late with rotating exhibits and artist talks. First Friday is FREE and open to all.
This month Artspace is celebrating a full night of Pride with live music from XOXOK, painting workshops, DJ Gay Agenda, and drag performances.
Designed for Joy offers tours of their studio on First Fridays where you can also shop their wonderful brand of leather handbags, jewelry and home decor in the Warehouse District.
First Friday Night Markets is also on at Moore Square with local growers and makers plus entertainment and a free outdoor movie after sundown hosted by the City of Raleigh!
First Friday is one of our monthly date nights. See more date ideas for Raleigh here.
The Man Expo, June 3-5, 2022
- Where: NC State Fairgrounds Jim Graham Building
- Website: ManExponc.com
The Man Expo has everything a man can want with exhibitions ranging from hunting, fishing, home improvement, financial, marine life, and more…
Ladies, I’ll meet you at the winery!
Bubbles and Brisket, June 4, 2022
- Where: Smoky Hollows, 2-6pm
- Website: ncfbpodcast.com
Created on the North Carolina Food and Beverage Podcast, ‘Bubbles and Brisket’ is a collaboration of chefs, pit-masters, wine producers, sommeliers and brewers, pairing sparkling bubbles with a variety of cooking techniques and side dishes that feature everyone’s favorite: brisket.
We went last year and loved it. We’ll be going again this year!
Fenton’s Grand Opening Celebration, June 4 -5 , 2022
- Where: 855 Cary Towne Blvd, Cary, NC 27511, 1-9pm Sat; 1-5pm Sun
- Website: fentonnc.com
Fantastic line up of events to celebrate this new shopping and residential area of Cary. Includes fitness classes, Tik Tok dancers, sports stars, and tethered Hot air balloon rides. We’ll be getting a sneak peek on the 2nd and 3rd of June so follow our Instagram to see!
International Food Festival, June 4, 2022
- Where: Fayetteville St, Downtown Raleigh
- Website: eventbrite.com
Time to celebrate the vibrant cultures that make up Raleigh. Over 30 food trucks/dessert trucks from around the globe, live performances, and an outdoor international dance party!
WEEK 2: JUNE 6 -12
This week Craig will be in Orlando for the USA Travel Association industry event (IPW). His closing night party will be at Universal Studios – all to themselves! Follow ytravelblog for more of those updates.
Triangle Restaurant Week
Time to celebrate the culinary excellence of Raleigh, Durham, and Chapel Hill.
During Triangle Restaurant Week, participating restaurants offer special three-course menu options and fixed pricing. No reservations, tickets or passes required. See participating restaurants here.
Apex Pride Festival, June 11, 2022
- Where: Apex Town Campus, 73 Hunter Street 10am-7pm
- Website: apexnc.org
The annual Apex Pride Festival is held in celebration of our LGBTQ+ community members and loved ones. Come out for a day of inclusion, music, food, games, vendors, and activities!
Let’s celebrate our LGBTQ+ friends, families, and community members.
N.C. Hops Festival, June 11 – 12, 2022
- Where: Jim Graham Building at North Carolina State Fairgrounds
- Website: shoplocalraleig.org
We’re beer tasting again! No matter the month, it seems there is a beer festival to match. This month takes us to the showgrounds for the annual NC Hops Festival featuring NC craft beverages, live music, local makers, and food trucks!
Tickets are $45 per session where you can responsibly enjoy unlimited samples of NC beer, cider, seltzers, and more. See you there!
Downtown Raleigh Food Truck Rodeo June 12th, Sept 25th
- Where: Downtown Raleigh
- Website: DowntownRaleighFoodTruckRodeo.com
Arrive hungry at one of the popular festivals in Raleigh centered around food, and the biggest food truck rodeos in the country!
Spanning 11 city blocks in downtown Raleigh will be more than 50 food trucks from across North Carolina waiting to serve you up tasty treats from BBQ, poke bowls, tacos, funnel cakes, and more!
WEEK 3: JUNE 13-19
Happy Father’s Day to all our Dads, father figures, and caregivers. We hope you have a special day with a well deserved break and much love and attention.
Juneteenth Celebration at Dorothea Dix Park, June 18, 2022
- Where: Dorothea Dix Park, 1-5pm
- Website: dorotheadixpark.org
The theme for this year’s celebration is “Preserving the Past, Moving it Forward.” During this event, the mission is to “to celebrate the freedom of formerly enslaved African Americans by acknowledging their history and achievements through commemorative and historical services and activities.”
Bring your lawn chairs and blankets to enjoy an afternoon of entertainment, family activities, vendors and food on Harvey Hill and the Chapel Event Center at Dix Park!
Historic Raleigh Trolley ‘Pride Ride’
- Where: Mordecai Historic Park 1,2, and 3pm
- Website: raleighnc.gov
This Pride Ride on the historic Raleigh Trolley will highlight historic locations, neighborhoods, businesses, churches, and other points of interest throughout the city as they pertain to the city’s LGBTQ community.
Pride Bar Crawl
- Where: Downtown Raleigh
- Website: facebook.com/events
The 5th Annual Pride Crawl – Tickets include drinks, waived cover, drinks, and other perks!
A portion of the proceeds will be donated to The Trevor Project, the world’s largest suicide prevention and crisis intervention organization for LGBTQ young people.
WEEK 4 + 5: JUNE 20-30
That Music Fest, June 24 & 25, 2022
- Where: Durham Bulls Athletic Park
- Website: thatstation.net
A two day music festival in Durham celebrating the artists who make music right here in North Carolina! Includes Delta Rae, American Aquarium, The Mountain Goats, Steep Canyon Rangers, and MIPSO. We’re hoping to be there!
Out! Raleigh Pride, June 25, 2022
- Where: Fayetteville St; 11am – 6pm
- Website: OutRaleighPride.org
Join more than 66,000 people pouring into Raleigh’s Fayetteville Street to celebrate the LGBT community, our friends, and families. The free event features live entertainment, local vendors and artists, great food, a Kids Zone, and a beer garden!
Out! Raleigh Pride is an important way to raise the necessary funds to support the LGBT Center of Raleigh and all of its 20+ amazing community programs. Let’s get out and celebrate and support all people in our community.
Junteenth Jubilee, June 25, 2022
- Where: Downtown Raleigh, 10am
- Website: raleighjuneteenthparade.org
This will be a parade in downtown Raleigh, North Carolina to celebrate the day of African Americans freedom, but also their history, culture, and achievements.
Outdoor Films, June 24 and 25, 2022
- Where: Joseph M. Bryan, Jr., Theater in the Museum Park, NC Museum of Art, 8:30pm
- Website: ncartmuseum.org
Head to the North Carolina Museum of Arts for summer movies in the park. Encanto plays on the 24th and Soul on the 25th. Fun for the whole family! Free for members. $7 for non-members.
Movies by Moonlight, June 30
- Where: Koka Booth Amphitheater, 8:30pm
- Website: boothamphitheatre.com
More evening outdoor movies at the spectacular Koka Booth! This month it is The Mitchells vs The Machine.
- Ages 5 & under are free
- Ages 6-12 $5.00*
- Ages 13+ $10.00*