Listen to episode 09: Downtown Cary
Subscribe on your favorite platform
One reason we love living in Raleigh is its proximity to so many amazing destinations to explore. We are spoilt for choice and should never be bored.
In this episode, we share 5 of our favorite destinations only an hour drive from Raleigh. They are easy to visit in a day – but there is no reason why you shouldn’t stay longer.
We visit these places near Raleigh often, and will continue to do so. Be sure to join our VIP email community so you don’t miss an update. And follow our current adventures – near and far – on Instagram.
For each place, we share some of the best things to do in a day, including places to eat!
EP 07: WHAT WE TALK ABOUT
- Why we think Wrightsville Beach is the best beach in the USA
- What makes Wilmington – the Hollywood of the East – full of so much Southern Charm
- The exciting food and cultural destination of Durham and its unique Black History.
- The college town of Chapel Hill and how it has a very unique personality. (and of course the best basketball team!!)
- The surprising enjoyable rural (but moving to urban) Johnston County.
- One day itinerary for Wrightsville Beach
- 8 Fun Day trips from Raleigh
- 7 Best things to do in Chapel Hill, NC
- 48 hour itinerary for Durham
- Attending an iconic Durham Bulls baseball game
- 19 Things to do in Johnston County
For those who may prefer watching a video of us podcasting, we filmed that for you too, which you’ll find on YouTube each week.
You may also like these podcast episodes:
Comment: What are some of our favorite places to visit near Raleigh on a day trip?