If you only recently moved to Raleigh, you may not realize it, but Raleigh is (or was) surrounded by farms. With all of the growth of the past decade though, our landscapes and industries are slowly changing.
The farms may be fewer in numbers, but there are plenty of them still less than an hour’s drive away to visit for loads of Fall fun.
The Raleigh pumpkin picking season typically begins sometime in late September to early October, which is when the farms start opening for their Autumn festivals and activities. It’s one of the most popular things to do in Raleigh in the Fall!
As agribusiness is the number 1 industry in North Carolina bringing in $84 billion each year, this is the perfect time for us to support a vital part of our economy.
One of the classic fall activities in Raleigh, especially for families, is visiting pumpkin patches near Raleigh (and corn mazes). Instead of wasting your time searching pumpkin patches near me, we’ve done all the research for you! Keep reading to find the perfect pumpkin patch and corn maze for your Fall adventures.
Some of these farms near Raleigh also have incredible Halloween hauntings, which we’ll be sharing here in our guide for Halloween in Raleigh.
Best that you join our email community by filling in the form below so you don’t miss any updates. We also have a Fall checklist for you to make it easier to plan a fun autumn season. Pop your email below:
As our girls are now older, we have only experienced a couple of the Fall farms. We will never outgrow buying pumpkins though!
Let’s take a look at some of the best farms in Raleigh for pumpkin patches, corn mazes, Fall activities, and produce.
NOTE: I have done my best to include all relevant information. But always do your due diligence in case of any changes in hours, offerings, or cost. Inclement weather could impact each farm. I’ll be honest, many of the websites for the farms aren’t very good with providing up to date information!
- Phillips Farm (Haunted Farm & Corn Maze), Cary
- Page Farms, Northwest Raleigh
- Naylor Family Farm & Giant Corn Maze, Fuquay Varina
- DJ’s Berry Patch, Apex
- The Family Farm on Avent Ferry, Holly Springs
- Ashland Meadows Farm, Selma
- Porter Farms and Nursery, Willow Spring
- McKee Cornfield Maze, Hillsborough
- Pumpkin Patch Express, Museum of Life and Science, Durham
- Spring Haven Farm: Pumpkin Carving with Goats, Chapel Hill
- 1870 Farm: Halloween at the Farm, Chapel Hill
- Sonlight Farms Corn Maze, Kenly
- Huckleberry Trail Farm Fall Festival, Siler City
- Pumpkin Patch Camp Chestnut Ridge, Efland
- Hill Ridge Farms Fall Pumpkin & Harvest Festival, Youngsville
- Gross Farms, Corn Maze & Pumpkin Patch, Sanford
- Hubbs Farm Fall Festival, Clinton
- Fall Festival Weekends At Deans Farm Market, Wilson
- Other Fall Ideas for Raleigh you may like
Phillips Farm (Haunted Farm & Corn Maze), Cary
- Address: 6701 Good Hope Church Road, Cary, NC
- Opening Hours: Sept 16 – Oct 30
- Thurs: 5-9pm
- Fri: 3:00pm-6:00pm
- Sat: 10:00am- 6:00pm
- Sun: 1:00pm- 6:00pm
- Cost: $20.00
One of the most well-known farms in Wake County for Fall attractions (including the spooky kind) is Phillips Farm in Cary. This family-owned farm has been serving quality farm products to central North Carolina for over 100 years.
Fall activities include a corn maze, family fun park, cow trains, giant pillows, feeding farm animals and picking your own pumpkins from the vine.
This Fall they have sunflower fields in bloom, while most places to see sunflowers in Raleigh are finished by the middle of summer! Phillips Farms will also have concessions that include treats like ice cream, snow corn, fresh kettle corn and hot apple cider.
Halloween lovers will want to visit the haunted farm with the Field of Lost Souls and Rebellion Trail. We’ll share more of that in our Halloween guide for 2023.
Page Farms, Northwest Raleigh
- Address: 6100 Mt. Herman Rd, Raleigh
- Opening Hours: September 23rd – October 31st
- Tues – Thursday 9AM-1PM
- Friday through Sunday 9AM – 6PM
- Cost: Tues – Fri am: $12; Fri pm – Sun: $15 (includes pumpkin)
Not far from Umstead State Park is this hundred-acre farm which has been family-owned and operated for over 100 years.
Fall activities include a five-acre corn maze, slides on the mulch mountain, hayrides, playground, cow train and farm animals. Page Farms also sell hams, jellies, cider, vinaigrette and raw honey from their bees.
Admission includes one pumpkin per paid admission from the patch, Corn Maze, Hayride, Playground, Cow Train, Farm Animals, and much more!
Naylor Family Farm & Giant Corn Maze, Fuquay Varina
- Address: 6016 US 401 North Fuquay Varina, NC 27526
- Opening Hours: Sept 16 – Nov 5th (Fri/Sat/Sun)- see website as hours change each month
- Cost: $20 per person for a Farm Pass (includes a pumpkin!) Some attractions are individually priced.
Naylor Family Farm & Giant Corn Maze offers a variety of outdoor fun including a 2,400 square foot Farm Market Barn, 10-acre giant corn maze, pumpkin patch, petting zoo, kids play area, jump pad, farm animals, hayride trail, a farm tower fort, and picnic areas.
Kids will love the super 150ft mega ride-n-slide. You could easily spend half a day at this family farm near Raleigh.
DJ’s Berry Patch, Apex
- Address: 1223 Salem Church Road, Apex, NC 27523
- Opening Hours: Sept & Oct:, Mon-Sat: 9am – 6pm; Sun: 11am – 6pm
- Cost: Whatever you purchase
DJ’s Berry Patch is a family-owned and operated business located in Apex who offer U-Pick Pumpkins & Mums, produce and Strawberries.
Bring the family to pick your own pumpkin. They also have Raleigh’s popular Fall flowering plant – Chrysanthemums, otherwise known as Mums. In Australia, we call moms, mums.
DJ’s has a down-home atmosphere that captures the southern NC charm of an old-time roadside stand. Having said that, DJ’s is more of a market for purchasing pumpkins of all kinds rather than an attraction farm.
The Family Farm on Avent Ferry, Holly Springs
- Address: 1719 Avent Ferry Road, Holly Springs, NC 27540
- Opening Hours: Sept 23rd :
- Weekdays: 4 pm – 8 pm
- Saturday: 10 am – 8 pm
- Sunday: 1 pm – 8 pm
- Cost: Whatever you purchase
The Family Farm on Avent Ferry in Holly Springs has been in the same family for 6 generations. Here you can pick out your favorite carving pumpkin for your decorating needs.
They also sell a variety of specialty pumpkins, gourds, corn stalks and hay bales. And onsite they have an 85 year old traditional cow barn and 100+ year old log tobacco barn.
Ashland Meadows Farm, Selma
- Address: 1912 Pine Level Micro Rd., Selma, NC
- Market Opening hours:
- Friday 3-6pm
- Saturday 10am-6pm
- Sunday 12pm-6pm
- Cost: $12 includes hayride and pumpkin | $6 just for the hayride
We enjoyed meeting Boome and Emily Langley and their son hank from Ashlan Meadows Farm this past spring on a trip to Johnston County.
In the Fall, they have a farm market with a huge selection of pumpkins. They also have daytime hayrides on Sat (10am – 2pm) and Sun (1-3pm)
Every Friday & Saturday, Oct 7-10pm they will have a spooky pumpkin patch with lights, music, fog (and some non-scary activities) and s’mores roasting. Tickets are $8 and include a pumpkin. While where, be sure to say hi to the pigs! Ashland pasture raises pigs!
Porter Farms and Nursery, Willow Spring
- Address: 3525 NC Highway 42, Willow Spring, NC 27592
- Opening Hours: Open Until Halloween
- Saturdays: 8:00 am – 9:00 pm
- Sundays: 12:00 noon – 9:00 pm
- Monday thru Friday: 8:30 am – 9:00 pm
- Cost: Whatever you purchase
Porter farms has been recognized for excellence in its ability to grow fall produce with several first place pumpkin growing wins!
They have a large selection of pumpkins and ornamental gourds in Raleigh. In addition to selling at the Farm Market in Willow Springs, Porter Farms retails mums and pumpkins at the Raleigh Farmers Market.
McKee Cornfield Maze, Hillsborough
- Address: 5011 Kiger Road, Hillsborough, North Carolina 27278, United States
- Opening Hours: September 30th- November 4th
- Friday 3 PM – 8 PM
- Saturday 10 AM – 8 PM
- Sunday 1 PM – 7 PM
- Cost: $15 (0-2 free)
At 12 acres, the McKee cornfield maze is one of the largest in the Triangle, and definitely the most fascinating of the Fall farms featured from the photos! There is a smaller interactive maze for younger kids as well.
Other Fall activities include hayrides, a pumpkin patch, animals, barrel train ride, play areas, corn hole, ice cream, snacks, and picnic areas.
You can even try milking Bessie the cow! There are special events throughout the season, so check the website for updated details. McKee Cornfield Maze is located about 10 miles north of Hillsborough.
Pumpkin Patch Express, Museum of Life and Science, Durham
- Address: 433 W Murray Ave, Durham, NC 27704
- Opening Hours: Sept 30 (every Sat and Sun in October)
- Cost: $15 (0-2 free) | Does not include museum admission
Celebrate Fall at the Life and Science Museum in Durham with a trip to the Museum’s pumpkin patch!
Pick the perfect pumpkin to decorate. Enjoy a variety of activities such as a hay maze and duck races. Then, climb aboard the train for a ride back to the station on the Ellerbe Creek Railway!
Spring Haven Farm: Pumpkin Carving with Goats, Chapel Hill
- Address: 5306 Homer Ruffin Road, Chapel Hill NC 27516
- Opening Hours: Sept 20th – Oct 31st | Wed – Thurs & Sun 10am-4pm | 10am -6pm Fri and Sat
- Cost: $13.50 | 3 and under free
Spring Haven Farm is all about goats. Movies with goats? You got it! Pumpkin carving with goats? Why not! Baby goat festivals? Sign. Me. Up. The farm will be full of goats, pumpkins, Fall fun and spooktacular decorations!
Carve your pumpkin with all the cute goats. I have done goat yoga before in the Finger Lakes and can highly recommend any kind of goat activity.
Find the perfect pumpkin and then take it into the goat pasture to carve it with all the cute, friendly goats!
All farm activities including snuggle with baby goats, feed fluffy Highland cows, relaxing by the fire and the Tractor Train Rides are included in the ticket price
1870 Farm: Halloween at the Farm, Chapel Hill
- Address: 1224 Old Lystra Rd, Chapel Hill, NC 27517
- Opening Hours: Oct 15th, 16th, 22nd, 23rd, 29th, 30th & 31st
- Cost: $18 with additional priced activities
This 17-acre farm is home to many animals including chickens, sheep, goats, ponies, donkeys, pigs, bunnies, alpacas and llamas.
They have a combined kid-friendly Halloween Fall trick-or-treat event with pumpkins, animals in costume, story time, pumpkin carving, haunted gemstone mining, and more. Costumes encouraged.
I like the sound of the Apothecary class and the Spooky vet clinic experience (additional fees). You can Donate non-perishable food for PORCH Chapel Hill and paint your pumpkin for FREE.
Sonlight Farms Corn Maze, Kenly
- Address: 293 Bunn Road, Kenly, NC 27542
- Opening Hours: Sept 23 – Oct 28 only on Saturdays 10am – 5pm
- Cost: $12
Sonlight Farms offers activities like corn mazes, tractor rides, and pumpkin picking and games like corn hole, pedal kart racing, and bouncing castles.
There is quite a lot for families to do and we enjoyed the corn crib and corn maze. We had a bit of trouble finding our way out. Our girls loved the corn crib at Sonlight farm, and we couldn’t find our way out of their corn maze either!!
Video: Pumpkin Farm in Johnston County
Huckleberry Trail Farm Fall Festival, Siler City
- Address: 143 Pleasant Hill Church Rd., Siler City
- Opening Hours: Sept 30 – Oct 28; Sat: 10 to 6 | Sun: 1-6pm
- Cost: $12 (12+) $10 (3-11)
30-minutes west of Cary is the Huckleberry Trail Farm featuring several classic Fall farm activities including a 4.5 acre corn maze, a tractor-drawn hayride, a real pumpkin patch where you can pick pumpkins off the vibe.
Pumpkin Patch Camp Chestnut Ridge, Efland
- Address: 2902 Mt Willing Rd. Efland, NC 27243
- Opening Hours: Saturdays in Oct, 9am -12 noon
- Cost: $7 per person (pumpkins sold separately)
About 45-minutes northwest of Cary (between Durham and Mebane) is the pumpkin patch at Camp Chestnut Ridge where you’ll find animals, a campfire, family fun, a hayride, and pumpkins!
Hill Ridge Farms Fall Pumpkin & Harvest Festival, Youngsville
- Address: 703 Tarboro Road, Youngsville
- Opening Hours: September 27-October 27; Weds-Sun, 9:30 a.m.-6:30 p.m.
- Cost: $18.95 per person / additional add on prices / $29.95 Super Pass
The Hill Ridge Pumpkin festival includes Hayride, Hay Jump, Jumping Pillow, Giant Mountain Slide, Colorful Maze, Jump Pad, Corn House, all play areas in the park.
Gemstone panning, train rides and the carousel is available for an additional price or as part of the super value pass. Free pumpkin is included with admission.
Gross Farms, Corn Maze & Pumpkin Patch, Sanford
- Address: 1606 Pickett Road, Sanford, NC 27332
- Opening Hours: September 16 – October 30
- Friday 4 PM – 8 PM (October Only)
- Saturday 11 AM – 8 PM
- Sunday 11 AM – 5 PM
- Cost: $20 aged 3+ (4 hour ticket)
Time to navigate this 10-acre corn labyrinth, one of the largest in the region. Over the 4 miles of winding pathways are puzzles. Solve the mystery of missing Farmer Joe and collect evidence to find the weapon, suspect, and location of the crime.
Walk right out of the corn maze to the pumpkin patch and pick your own.
The farm has other Fall activities like pedal karts, playgrounds, slides, a hayride, pumpkin jumps and a picnic area, and concession stands with homemade ice cream and beverages.
Hubbs Farm Fall Festival, Clinton
- Address: 10276 N, US-421, Clinton, NC 28328
- Opening Hours: Sept 23- Nov 4th
- Tues., Wed., Thurs. & Fri. 10 a.m. to 3 p.m.
- Saturdays 10 a.m. to 9 p.m.
- Sundays 10 a.m. to 6 p.m
- Cost: Variety of prices and packages. Starts $14.95 (weekdays)
While this North Carolina farm is just over an hour from Raleigh (80 mins), the Fall Festival packs in a lot of value.
Hubbs Farm’s 15 acre giant maze is made from hybrid sorghum which means a thicker and greener maze. Inside are three individual mazes with different themes and scavenger hunts. Nighttime flashlight mazes are also on offer.
The farm also has a lot of extra fall activities like giant slides and jumping pillows, mini zip line, rope mountain, toddler town, farm animals, wagon rides, and a pumpkin patch.
Limited concessions on weekdays so you can bring outside food and drink for a picnic.
Fall Festival Weekends At Deans Farm Market, Wilson
- Where: 4251 Hwy 42 West Wilson NC
- When: Ever Sat of Oct; 10am -5pm
- Cost: $15 per person and includes a free pumpkin
Join us for our 2023 Hayride season around the farm, includes our large playground and picnic area, our soybean maze sponsored by Vaughan’s Jewelers, large slide, jump pad, corn pit, farm animals, pumpkin scavenger hunt, Spookley the Square Pumpkin activities and stories and so much more!
Other Fall Ideas for Raleigh you may like
- Fun Things to do in Raleigh in the Fall
- 27 of the best Fall festivals and events in Raleigh
- Ultimate Guide to the NC State Fair
- Where to see the Fall colors in the Triangle