With 130+ local shops, fun outdoor concerts, excellent restaurants, bars, a farmers’ market and boutique shopping, North Hills is worth a visit any time of year.
But now that Fall season is officially upon us here in Raleigh, this brings new concert events, drink specials and seasonal menu items at many of the fantastic restaurants in North Hills. Put the below list of things on your Fall calendar for when you next visit North Hills.
Fall Events in North Hills
Wine Walk (benefiting the Kay Yow Cancer Fund)
We participated in this event during the Spring and it was a lot of fun, and for a fantastic cause! Wine Walk benefits the Kay Yow Cancer Fund. If you’re not familiar with Kay, she’s the former legendary coach of NC State Women’s basketball who lost her courageous battle with breast cancer.
For a $25 donation, you receive a cup and “passport” to visit participating stores to shop and taste various wine selections. Completed passports are then returned for a chance to win a North Hills Gift Card!
- Date & Time: Saturday, October 21, 3pm-6pm
- Where: Start at The Commons: 4160 Main at North Hills Street, Raleigh
- See website for full details
See the fun we had at the Spring Wine walk in the following Reel:
Midtown Farmers Market
Each Saturday morning from mid-April to November 4, the vibrant Midtown Farmers Market in the Commons area is a community favorite.
Here you’ll find local farmers, crafters, and creators from around the region selling a variety of locally grown produce and goods. Pay a visit and purchase some Fall related produce!
- Hours: Saturdays, 8am-noon (Nov 4 last day)
- Parking: Main District garage
- Website: MidtownFarmers.com
Boos & Brews at the Midtown Farmers’ Market
Halloween is approaching fast, and a fun event for all the family is the Boos & Brews at Midtown Farmers’ Market. Taste seasonal beers and fresh, locally grown food. Plus, there’s pumpkin decorating, a kids and pets costume parade (for prizes), face painting and live music.
- Date & Time: Saturday, October 28. 8am – 12 noon
- Location: The Commons: 4160 Main at North Hills Street
Trick or Treat
Head to North Hills on October 31 for trick-or-treating. Dress up in your best costume and visit your favorite shops and restaurants for a treat! Store hours vary by location.
Note: Finished for this season, but Wellness Wednesdays is a Fall seasonal event on a Wednesday night in Midtown Park. If you love getting exercise outside, they do different types of workouts each week for $5 per session.
Caroline enjoyed her outdoor yoga session hosted by Midtown Yoga. Keep Wellness Wednesday in mind for 2024.
North Hills Nights
Note: Finished for this season also. But North Hills Nights is another fun event in Midtown Park to keep in mind for Fall in 2024.
We had a blast a few weeks ago with the 80’s pop cover band, Kids In America, and each week is a different music theme, plus drink tents and food trucks. See all current events here.
Fall Seasonal Drinks + Bites
Pumpkin Spice Latte at Jubala
Coffee always comes first for us, and we like to start our visit to North Hills at Jubala, one of our favorite coffee shops in Raleigh and their location overlooks Midtown Park.
They’re a specialty coffee shop and their lattes are up there with the best in the Triangle. During Fall season, why not order one of their seasonal Pumpkin Spice Lattes. Consider pairing it with an Apple Cinnamon or Cinnamon Glaze Waffle – our kids love their Nutella Waffles!
On the menu is a full coffee bar and other comfort foods. I love their biscuits, fluffy and moist and they come with a choice of spreads and fillings.
Fall flavored cupcakes from Edible Art, Bakery & Dessert Cafe
Looking for Fall related cupcake flavors? Look no further! We popped into this bakery recently and went with a box of four including:
- Caramel Apple Cobbler
- Chocolate Bourbon Pecan Pie
- Red Velvet (gluten free)
They also have several standard flavors and are good to visit any time of year, especially when in North Hills with kids. They’ve been making sweet, Southern, Scratch-made cupcakes and desserts since 1982.
You know we fell in love with this Spanish Tapas restaurant during our date night in North Hills and we highly recommend dining there at any time of year.
During Fall, they have their seasonal cocktail menu out with five new fall cocktails. And they have also added to their food menu. Most popular drinks so far have been:
- El Matador – bourbon, spanish aperol, montenegro, lemon, honey
- Alhambra – mezcal, montenegro, lime, tamarind syrup, serrano
- LR Carajillo – espresso, licor 43, orange, mocha liqueur float
Popular food so far:
- Roasted Beet Salad – lemon vinaigrette, apple, pomegranate, horseradish, goat cheese mousse
- Baked Spanish Brie – caña de oveja, beet and cranberry marmalade, pepitas, mint
- Frog Legs – nduja butter, lemon, parsley oil
Read our full review of Las Ramblas and the dishes we recommend.
Coquette is our favorite French style restaurant and where we go to reminisce about our recent trip to Paris.
We love the French sophistication, ambiance, and decor here. And of course their food including the Seafood Crepe, French Onion Soup Escargot (snails), Fried Brussel Sprouts, Boeuf Bourguignon, Chocolate profiteroles and Macarons are a must.
But they also make fantastic cocktails. Tell bartender Ash that Craig & Caroline from This Is Raleigh sent you and enjoy one of his Fall themed drinks.
At time of publishing, they were still deciding on the names of these two cocktails. Ask bartender Ash!
- Limoncello and bourbon, prosecco to spread it out. Topped with honey and simple syrup.
- Bourbon, cognac amaretto for cherry notes and black walnut bitters.
Read our full review of Coquette Brasserie and see our recommended dishes.
One of our favorite Asian restaurants in Raleigh is CO. We especially love their Pad Thai and Hanoi noodles with chicken.
They also make excellent cocktails, a tip from bartender Ash from Coquette. They don’t have anything new/seasonal but by all reports their Vanilla Lavender Old Fashioned is super fall-wintry and a good one!
One of our favorite brunch spots in Raleigh is STIR, not only for their fresh and delicious brunch favorites such as Oysters, Deviled Eggs, Filet Benedict, and Strawberry Nutella Waffles, but also for their signature craft cocktails.
Now on the menu during September and October is Corn Bisque, Beef Carpaccio, and Peanut Chicken Fried Rice. All dishes are made-from-scratch using fresh and seasonal ingredients and pair perfectly with this month’s cocktails specials, Camellia’s Trade and S&S Pineapple Margarita.
- Address: 4242 Six Forks Rd #100, Raleigh
- Website: stirraleigh.com
If you’re an ice cream lover, Kilwins have been serving their ice cream, chocolates and confectionery since 1947 and have Fall flavored scoops.
- Pumpkin Pie – rich pumpkin ice cream with spices and sugared pie crust pieces.
- Butter Pecan – rich butter pecan-flavored ice cream with fresh roasted pecans.
- Marsh-Mallow S’more – marshmallow-flavored ice cream with swirls of marshmallow & chocolate fudge, and a burst of chocolate-covered graham crackers.
- The Perfect Apple Pie – rich vanilla-flavored ice cream with a hint of cinnamon, swirls of caramel, baked apples with sugared pie crust pieces.
Shop for Fall Clothing
What we love about the North Hills District is its walkability. Park your car once and explore on foot. And that includes shopping.
If you need new additions to your Fall wardrobe, there’s plenty of clothing stores here. Some of our favorites include Copper Penny, Uniquities, Monkee’s, Voda Boutique, Liles Clothing and of course REI for the outdoor enthusiasts. See the full list here.
- 48 hour guide to North Hills
- 9 fabulous North Hills restaurants
- 15 fun date ideas for North Hills
- 12 fun things to do in North Hills with kids