Listen to episode 09: Downtown Cary
Subscribe on your favorite platform
Listen to our latest podcast episode on an empty stomach. Then head straight to your local restaurant serving delicious Southern fare!
In this episode, we share some of those classic Southern dishes – some we’re still learning to love!
EP 06: WHAT WE TALK ABOUT
- BBQ – the Carolina style and were to get some of the best
- Southern Fried Chicken and some unique Raleigh fusion takes on it
- Where why and how you should get your grits
- Biscuits and how unlike they are to the Australian kind!
- Hush puppies and the possible truth behind how they got their name
- The fixins you don’t want to miss
- Sweet Potato Pie and the very unusual sweet potato casserole
- Donuts for breakfast anyone? We chat about Caroline’s cultural confusion of this one.
- Our weird reactions to some of these foods!
- 11 of the best burgers in Raleigh
- 50+ Essential places to eat in Raleigh (inside the beltline)
- Why we love living in Raleigh (podcast)
- Raleigh favorites: He Said She Said
For those who may prefer watching a video of us podcasting, we filmed that for you too, which you’ll find on YouTube each week.