Subscribe on your favorite platform
Welcome to the This Is Raleigh Podcast.
You know when you visit a place and you feel so connected. You don’t have big plans, there are no bucket list attractions, you just arrive without expectation, open to seeing what unravels.
You wander the streets, go a little off the path, stop in at a local café or restaurant, talk to a few people, find out about a festival or event or live music show happening and you just immerse yourself into it.
You leave and say
“I don’t know what it was about that place but I really really liked it.”
That’s what we discovered in Raleigh. And that is what we want to bring to you with our new podcast on Raleigh Life.
Whether you are a traveler thinking of visiting, someone considering moving here, or a long term resident who has maybe has a gotten a little jaded and needs to fall in love with the place they call home again, we’re here to showcase Raleigh through the magical lens of a traveler.
Let’s start with Episode 1. You can listen via the below play button and subscribe on your favorite podcast platforms. Down below are our show notes, plus you can watch and listen on YouTube.
In the first three episodes of our This is Raleigh podcast, we’re diving deep into our story of how ended up in Raleigh in 2004, moved back and forth several times since, and eventually got a green card to live permanently.
In this episode we share the first part of our story where I was randomly placed at a school in Johnston County on a cultural teaching exchange program.
We knew nothing about Raleigh and instantly felt we belonged.
We talk about:
- How we first heard of Raleigh and what brought us here
- The cultural exchange program I joined and the local Triangle company behind it (and their important mission)
- The very difficult application process for my teaching job (spanning 3 continents)
- When we first felt like Raleigh was home (like immediately)
- The challenges of settling into a new country + ways to overcome culture shock and make it great
- My teaching experience in Johnston County and working through Educational cultural shock
- How the people we met helped us fall in love with Raleigh
- Other reasons we loved living in Raleigh
- 34 Reasons we love living in Raleigh
- About US
- Our Teaching Experiences around the world
- The jobs we’ve had working overseas
- The instant connection we felt with Raleigh
- Local things to do in Dublin, Ireland ( a few of our favorite things)
- Participate Learning (the teaching program we came to Raleigh with)
- 3 Principles to Creating your Dream Life
Are you looking to buy or sell a home and are in needed of a real estate agent in the Raleigh area? As a Licensed Realtor and referral agent, I can save you the time and stress searching and vetting, and connect you to my team of trusted Realtor partners. Read more here, or click the link belowClick here to get started
We continue the story in Episode 2 where we share why we love Raleigh so much. Listen here and Episode 3 where we share how a 500K loss lead us to travel blogging and our eventual green card – the permission to live permanently in Raleigh. Listen here.
For those who may prefer watching a video of us podcasting, we filmed that for you too, which you’ll find on YouTube each week.
Comment: We’d love to hear from you! Ask any questions below. Tell us what you’d love for us to talk about on the podcast!