Designed For Joy provides women in crisis (those living at high risk for sex and labor trafficking and/or food and housing insecurities) with stability through immediate employment (a living wage) and support, removing the stigma of vulnerability.
This is an inspiring story of women helping women. In this episode Cary shares all about how Designed For Joy came about, how they help women in need, why she wanted to serve women, and so much more!
SUBSCRIBE ON YOUR FAVORITE PLATFORM:
Watch the WATCH THE VIDEO PODCAST:
WHAT WE TALKED ABOUT:
- How Cary got started in mission work and the non-profit space
- What is Designed For Joy and how did it start?
- How they help women
- How did she set up Designed for Joy
- Why she calls herself a visionary
- Why she wanted to serve women in this way
- Her background and where she grew up
- Getting her start in Costa Rica
- How the process works with Designed for Joy
- How long they work with each woman
- How the Raleigh community can support Designed For Joy
- Where you can purchase their products
- Pop up porch parties
- How to volunteer at Designed For Joy
- Her favorite things to do in Raleigh
- What does Joy mean
- Her favorite Margarita spot in Raleigh and other Raleigh faves